A list of the services Milan SWO currently provides can be found below. Please note if you require assistance or a service which you believe is not listed below then do not hesitate to get in touch with ourselves and we will endeavour to try our best to support you and your needs.
DAY CARE SERVICE FOR 65+
The group meets three times a week on the following days:
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday*
Venue: Portlee Resource Centre, 17 Hawkhill Avenue, Edinburgh, EH7 6BU.
Time: 10am –
* Thursdays are specifically for older people suffering from dementia and physical disabilities.
Various talks, workshops, and focus groups on health, social welfare, and housing (to name a few) are regularly carried out in order to ensure our service users’ concerns and feedback is heard. These educational activities are also carried out to enable our service users to gain valuable knowledge about every day mundane things. When any activity is carried out in English, a staff translator/interpreter is always on hand to help service users understand and converse.
A predominant part of our day care service is to provide recreational activities. These include gentle exercise classes, yoga, dance, beauty treatments, massages, trips and outings, walks, gardening/planting, arts and crafts, quizzes, bingo, and group exercises to name a few. During the day care services Lunch (vegetarian and non-
We also take an active part in celebrating the major festivals of the four communities we serve so recreational activities surrounding these celebrations are also delivered.
Transport is provided to the elderly who cannot use public transport or have a disability.
The following are services Milan also provide which are not centred around the 65+ Day Care Centre. These are available for all members of Milan (new and old) with no inclusions.
INFORMATION & ADVICE SERVICE
This service is available from the Milan office (usually by appointment) and within day care settings.
- We provide information and advice by telephone or in person for various issues such as housing, income maximisation, benefits, employment etc..
- Personal visits if required.
- Help/Support to access relevant services.
- Completing forms and follow up work as required.
- Surgeries: for direct access to Service Providers & the receivers. (i.e. members).
The befriending/outreach service seeks to meet the needs of members of our four communities. These include individuals who are housebound, of old age, frail, and extremely isolated or have recently been discharged from hospital and are recovering from a period of illness. Referrals are accepted from any member of the public who is concerned about an older Asian person
Our outreach workers provide regular visits to keep the elderly connected within their communities.
As an innovator, Milan has been able to pilot a carer’s group with the help of Creative Breaks funding. The aim is to create a platform for carer’s to come and gather in a safe, relaxed, and supportive environment where they can share the issues of caring for elderly person and the effect this can have on their own health and well being. The group has now been running successfully and the numbers of attendees are increasing.
- We provide a safe supportive environment
- Address carers needs with other service providers.
- Provide advice/information on issues effecting carers.
- Fortnightly group meetings with organised activities including exercise sessions, massages, training, trips and outings, and regular walks etc. to improve carer morale and mental health.