Milan SWO are delighted to continue to deliver Science week activities after a successful funding application for 2021.
The mission of the British Science Week Community Grant Scheme is to expand the audiences that engage with science and self-identify as having an interest in science by empowering and supporting community groups to run their own science activities during British Science Week – this year in March 2021.
The scheme offers grants for community groups that work directly with audiences who are traditionally under-represented and currently not engaged in science activity.
Our definition of groups that are underrepresented in science includes:
- The British Science Week Community Grant Scheme’s definition of groups that are underrepresented in science includes:
- people who are Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- people with low socioeconomic status (SES), including people disadvantaged in terms of education and income
- young people facing adversity, including those not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- people with a disability, defined as a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term effect on someone’s ability to do normal daily activities (Equalities Act 2010)
- people living in a remote and rural location, defined as settlements of less than 10,000 people
- girls and women.
This grant will be used to provide science based activities virtually due to the closure of our day care during rhe pandemic restrictions.